Toilets - Part I "Achtung! Sit Booboo Sit!"




Dear citizens of the world,

My thoughts have now moved towards the little talked about, but crucial topic of toilets.

This subject may seem benign or vulgar, but as soon as you mention the topic with friends who have traveled extensively there is a digresion that could go on indefinitly.

Each country has it's quarkes, but today I limit myself to Germany and the "Stand or Sit?" debate. Being a United Statesian male I have always been a Stander - always raising the seat, getting close and taking good aim. However, Germans - and a few other cultures - are firm believers that sitting is the way to go (see pictures).

Sitters believe that it is more hygenic because of the splatter effect.

Even a good Stander will always have some splatter effect going on.

At first, the idea seemed like an attack on manhood. On one of my first visits to Germany, while relieving myself, there was a knock on the door and a female voice with a German accent, "I hear zyoo, zyoo are ztandinnnng."

The idea of your "private time" being policed is very un-United Statesian...you feel invaded.

It took a while, but I got used to the idea...and even tend to agree with the Sitters.

When you are the one doing the cleaning, it gets even easier to change sides. However, I still enjoy - can you use "enjoy" for this type of thing? - standing up while using public urinals and during nature breaks.

Standing is still the natural thing, but sitting while in a home is the Richtig thing to do.

The United Statesian

Popular posts from this blog

Neck exercises for Long Covid-- Part Deux

A POTS/OI at-home, easy, free, safe rehab program hypothesis:

The Good and Bad Effects of Nicotine on the Brain and Body, from Neuroscience-Broscientist Andrew Huberman Ph.D. (Video/Podcast)