Hangin' in Granada - Goin' to the Boda

Jammin' on the Hang in Granada


Dear Citizens of the world!

June 18th was a special day. I flew home to Madrid... from my new home in Tel Aviv... to make it back to Andalucia (a past home) for the wedding of the year between my good friends Daniel and Vero --Will and Kate who?

Since the wedding did not start until 6:00pm, I decided to take advantage of the free time and the 40º C (100ºF) temperatures to stroll around Granada.

During my stroll I saw the typical touristy things: the Alhambra (already been there about ten times), the mosque, narrow winding streets and endless souvenir shops. However, I came across something different, something note worthy...Brunoise.

Nicolas Pirillo (pictured above) was sitting in an alley, jamming on his hang (wiki info on the hang). It was something so cool and different that I stopped to listen and find out more about the instrument. I even bought a CD to support the guy. The music is trance-like and it simultaneously reminds me of the Cambodian 9-gong Gamalan and the Brazilian steel drums.

Check out some of his music (with other musicians) at these websites:
http://www.myspace.com/brunoisemusic
http://www.aguamusic.be/en/node/314

One of the great things about traveling and living in different countries is that you can always find new things...even when you are going back home.

The wedding went off without a hitch -- they got hitched -- and I took one or two photos.

Congrats guys!


-The United Statesian

PS A parting shot...

A more typical shot of Granada's Alhambra and the 3500m Sierra Nevada

Popular posts from this blog

Neck exercises for Long Covid-- Part Deux

A POTS/OI at-home, easy, free, safe rehab program hypothesis:

The Good and Bad Effects of Nicotine on the Brain and Body, from Neuroscience-Broscientist Andrew Huberman Ph.D. (Video/Podcast)